Monday, November 9, 2009

It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me. And what I do is sit-ups.

At a loss for another workout yesterday, I just took an additional, somewhat hobbling run, since my legs were pretty damn sore, during which I did some of the exercises set along the track. Since I didn't really know what I was actually supposed to do at these little workout stations, I simply invented little exercises that made use of the available equipment. For instance, parallel bars? Do a sort of arm-lifting-up my body thing. Monkey bars? Swing from them for a second and then drop to the ground, coughing. A wooden box thing? Jump up on it a few times. I am a flabby genius of improvisation.

According to Lose It!, I'm coming in about 500-700 calories below even my goal consumption, although I'm not sure I trust it. I've lost another pound, though, so that's pretty swell.

Ran, of course, this morning, despite sore legs, and tonight I've got my first kickboxing class. I need to figure out which classes I'll be doing regularly, since I'd actually like to learn something instead of flitting from one thing to another. But then again, the plan I signed up for at PPCS gets me unlimited classes, so maybe I'll just move in there. I certainly would benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment