Sunday, November 15, 2009

One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win.

So, a quiet few days here. I'm going to take another run this evening, but I took yesterday off entirely. (Okay, I did some situps.)

Played an insanely packed show on Friday night, and on Saturday morning, when we were loading equipment back up, I was happy for not having had much to drink the night before. Everyone else wore the pale, slack-mouthed expression of a deep and terrible hangover. I, however, was chipper and bright-eyed. Before the show, I'd wondered if I was going to try to avoid drinking altogether, but I opted for moderation instead of teetotaling, had a rum and diet, a vodka soda and two beers that I didn't come close to finishing, all over the course of about eight hours. This is, I don't have to tell you, quite the change from previous behavior, and I'm glad for it; the alcohol only made me vaguely queasy and I had no desire to suck 'em down. I did, however, smoke quite a bit, and I'm sure I'll pay for that in the coming week. I have, however, lost another two pounds, surprising given my relative inactivity this weekend.

I'm looking forward to a run tonight, as we just got some snow here, and it seems romantic to take a jog in the twilight, smelling wood-burning stoves and listening to This American Life and my feet crunch along the snow. My right knee is aching lately before runs, but it seems to warm up pretty quickly once I get into it. This is something I'll have to address before fighting crime. Along with my bulletproof outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment